Hoima district local government with the funding from the ECLT foundation through Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) held a district conference to highlight the progress of the child labour interventions that the district and national level authorities have been able to implement.
Below are the presentations from various government, NGO and stakeholders from the conference:
- Situation of Child Labour in Uganda by Dr. Eddy J. Walakira, Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Work and Social Administration at Makerere University.
- National Action Plan by Okello Patrick, Commissioner of Labour, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development.
- Trends and Education Strategies for Elimination of Child Labour in Hoima District by Sserwanja Akiiki Godfrey, District Education Officer, Hoima Local Government.
- Trends and Education Strategies for Elimination of Child Labour in Uganda by PH, Ministry of Education, Sports and Technology.
- Combating Child Labour in Agricultural Supply Chains in Hoima District by Kajura Charles, District Production & Marketing Officer, Hoima Local Government District.
- Combating Child Labour in Agricultural Supply Chains in Uganda by Sylvia Nantongo Mutebi, Principal Agricultural Inspector, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- ECLT Foundation Child Labour Interventions by Sonia Velazquez , Executive Director, ECLT Foundation
- Decent Youth Employment in Agriculture by Peter Hurst, Global Occupational Safety & Health Expert in Agriculture.
- Private Sector Efforts in Combating Child Labour in Agriculture by Ronald Byarugaba, McLeod Russel Uganda Limited
- A presentation from Akome Denis Ongom, Hoima Sugar Limited.
- Private Sector Efforts in Combating Child Labour in Agriculture by Tom Sayer, Alliance One.
- Child Labour Prevention through Child Protection by Gord Phaneuf, Child Welfare League of Canada.
- A presentation from ECLT foundation, by Sonia Velazquez
- A presentation from development partner by Edton, World Education Bantwana
- Good Practices by Raymond Kabanda, Uganda Youth Development Link.
- Innovative Ways and Good Practices in Combating Child Labour in Agriculture by Muchope John, ANPPCAN-Uganda.
- Refugee Children in Child Labour by , United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- A presentation by Harriet Auma, Coordinator Northern Uganda, Federation of Uganda Employers.
- A presentation by Beatrice Aciro Okeny, Focal Child Labour, Central Organization of Free Trade Unions (COFTU).
- Good Practices by Stephenie Garde, ECLT Foundation.