The organization seeks to recruit a qualified and competent Resident Manager to play the overall managerial roles at the children’s village.
No. of Positions One
Job location: Masulita Children’s Village (Wakiso)
Reports to : Head of Programs
Nature of appointment: Contractual Basis
Job Summary: The Resident Manager is to provide direction and oversight to the existing 3 units namely; children home, vocational centre and farm which are by, the Project Assistant MCV/ BEC, Vocational Principal & Farm Extension officer respectively.
Major duties and responsibilities;
- To coordinate the three integrated units of MCV so as deliver harmonized work plans and budgets that feed into UWESO’s program cycle & strategic plan.
- To provide managerial support to the Farm Manager, Vocational Principal and the Project Assistant/BEC so as to deliver inter-related results.
- To provide overall support supervision to all MCV activities.
- To coordinate MCV procurement, estates, assets and fleet management at MCV.
- To manage development and implementation of a fundraising strategy for MCV.
- To support monitoring, evaluation action research and learning as integrated unit to various interventions.
- To act as an overall spokesperson on behalf of the children’s village.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Child development, Social works & Social Administration or its equivalent with experience of 3years working in a reputable children’s home or a child focused NGO. Or a Diploma in related fields with a minimum of 7years’ working experience working in a reputable children’s home or a child focused NGO is required.
- Professional trainings in management & children’s welfare are required.
- Applicants should have good & reputable behaviours in regard to children or related fields and must be ready to stay at the children’s village.
- Must exhibit a high degree of integrity, morality and be a role model to the children.
Send soft copies of your Application letter, CV (max 3 pages) including names of 3 referees, copies of relevant Academic documents, and a working daytime telephone contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size of 5MB.
Not later than 27th November 2017 at 3:00 pm.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.