Migyera UWESO Technical Institute was founded by UWESO with the objective of providing vocational and technical skills to the young people in the community and beyond.
Job Title: Nurse/Matron
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Migyera UWESO Technical Institute
Reports to: Head Teacher
Job Summary: Manage and coordinate the assigned school’s health service programs based on requirements established by school policies, procedures, and by local and national regulations and statues; maintain and operate the school.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide health assessments and services.
- Obtain a health and developmental history.
- Develop healthcare plans
- Provide in-service education to teachers and staff about the student’s needs.
- Collaborate with health providers and identifying services within the community.
- Provide first aid services to the students and other staff at the institute.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the school health plan.
- Make monthly request for medical supplies and produce periodic reports to the school head teacher.
- Provide information to adolescents concerning health related problems in order to encourage responsible decision-making practices.
- Provide Health information to assist students and families in making health-related decisions.
- Ensure all students are under care and safe.
- Encourage Students to live responsible lives and provide counseling and guidance to them.
- Ensure proper hygiene and disease prevention practices in the institute.
- Promote equality among all the students and settle their disputes amicably.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold Certificate in General Nursing (Diploma Equivalent)
Experience of 2 years in a related field is required
Good communication skills both written and oral is an added advantage
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their hard copy applications with an application letter, CV including names of three professional referees, Copies of relevant academic documents, salary history and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. BOX 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Not later Than April 26, 2019.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)