The Government of Uganda (GOU) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) designed the Project for Financial Inclusion in Rural Areas (PROFIRA) in 2013 with a goal of; increased income, improve food security and reduced vulnerability in rural areas.
The project was designed to be achieved through procurement of consultancy services from reputable organization under three components of:
- SACCO Strengthening and Sustainability.
- Community Based Financial Services and Policy.
- Institutional Support and Project Management.
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) and Community Vision-Uganda (COMVIS) were the successful bidders under component 2 for provision of consultancy services for strengthening, Innovations and Partnerships of 400 mature Community Savings and Credit Groups (CSCGs) in Eastern region of Uganda. To achieve this UWESO SEEKS TO RECRUIT:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Duty Station: Mbale
Details and Job Description
- Develop and maintain the project implementation design, monitoring and evaluation of the MIS and advising the team leader and other key staff on key decision to be taken.
- Ensure timely data collection, data entry, analysis & interpretation and utilization of the program M&E related information generated during the course of the project implementation for making informed decision.
- Undertake and facilitate the design and implementation of the project baseline survey, routing monitoring, review and evaluation of the project implementation progress and impact assessment.
- Develop, update and establish system for monitoring the impact of various activities being implemented with consideration to set targets.
- Work with the team leader, project manager to compile reports.
- Providing technical advice to the project staff and training project officers on M&E system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Holders of Bachelors in Business Administration, Social Sciences and related courses are encouraged to apply.
- Postgraduate Diploma in M & E is necessary.
- A minimum of three years’ experience.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Ability to motivate and mentor the team.
- Able to analyze data and provide solutions based on the analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
- Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their soft copy applications with an application letter, CV (Max 3 pages) including names of three professional referees, Copies of relevant academic documents, salary history and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Not later Than March 13, 2019.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)