POSITION: Chief Executive Officer
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
LOCATION: Head Office
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization and its entities according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
- Lead strategy formulation and implementation for UWESO and its entities.
- Ensure availability of resources for effective and efficient implementation of programmes.
- Maintain financial oversight and control and ensure judicious utilization of other resources in accordance with set policies.
- Oversee program implementation in accordance with donor guidelines and set Standard Operating Procedures.
- Foster a strong and productive senior management team.
- Coordinate communication between the Organization and stakeholders especially the Board. NEC.
- Oversee the management of entities; Migyera UWESO Training Institute (MUTI), UWESO Masulita Children’s Village and UWESO Multi Purpose Cooperative (UCG).
EDUCATION: Advanced Degree in International Development, Public Administration, Social Sector Planning and Development, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
EXPERIENCE: 10 to 12 years in the social development sector with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in a reputable National or International organization preferably in the NGO sector.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Institutional Development
- Policy development
- Strategic Development
- General Management
- Advocacy and negotiation
- Resource Mobilization
- Rural Financing
- Knowledge of Vulnerable Children Programmes
- Leadership, effective Communication and Results Orientation
- Innovative, Proactive and Visionary
- Good people management skills
- Objective judgment with high standards of professional ethics
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their softcopy applications with an application letter, CV (max 3 pages) including names of three professional referees, Copies of relevant academic documents, salary history and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)