Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a National Non-Government Organization that was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to supporting and caring for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Its vision is to have “Healthy Children living in a peaceful world of Opportunity “and its mission is “Shriving to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and youth for them to survive and thrive.”
UWESO seeks to recruit competent, highly motivated, and committed individuals to fill the position of:
Accountant (One Position based at Head Office and Supports the Mbarara Office Accounts Affairs, Reports to Head of Finance and Operations)
Responsible for the management and reporting of financial data of UWESO.
- Track, report, execute, and predict financial transactions.
- Accounts receivable and Accounts payable.
- Payroll Reviewing, Inventory cost management
- Financial controls,
- Cash collections & record keeping,
- Financial reporting
- Reconciling UWESO’S bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers
- Completing analysis of the employee expenditures
- Managing income and expenditure accounts
- Generating the UWESO’s financial reports using income and expenditure data
- Keeping a check on UWESO’s finances based on financial status
- Filing and remitting taxes and other financial obligations
- Initiating and managing Navision.
Education and Experience Requirements
BCOM/BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree, with CPA/ACCA and Hands-on Knowledge in the Use of Accounting Software especially Navision.
5 years and above of Work experience as an Accountant
Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
Experience with general ledger functions.
Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
Click on the link below to fill in the form.
Send copies of your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please include your current salary
All documents should be sent as a single pdf document (not more than 5MB)
Deadline: June 22, 2023 not later than 5 pm