Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a National Non-Government Organization that was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to supporting and caring for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Its vision is to have “Healthy Children living in a peaceful world of Opportunity “and its mission is “Shriving to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and youth for them to survive and thrive.”
UWESO seeks to recruit competent, highly motivated, and committed individuals to fill the position of:
Accounts Assistant (1 Position based at Head Office, Reports to Accountant)
Provide administrative support to UWESO’S Finance and Operations department. Managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into Navision and reconciling invoices.
- Manage Expenses
- Enter Financial transactions in Navision
- Reconcile invoices
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
- Create and update expense reports
- Process reimbursement forms
- Prepare bank deposits
- Enter financial transactions into Navision
- Check Financial entries for Accuracy
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external partners, as needed
- Review and file payroll documents
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Manage UWESO Petty cash
- Prepare all Payments
Education and Experience Requirements
Diploma in Accounting
Qualification in CPA/ACCA is an added advantage
2 years and above experience in accounting
Stores management and knowledge of accounting software packages (SUN, NAVISION accounting packages)
Computer skills and Numeric skills.
Degrees (bachelor’s or masters) in accounting, finance, statistics, economics, or maths would be desirable.
Click on the link below to fill in the form.
Send copies of your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please include your current salary
All documents should be sent as a single pdf document (not more than 5MB)
Deadline: June 22, 2023 not later than 5 pm