About Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a National Non-Government Organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to support and care for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). Its vision is to have “Healthy Children living in a peaceful world of Opportunity “and mission is “Shriving to improve the quality of life of vulnerable children and youth for them to survive and thrive.”
Job Title: Head of Programs (1 Position based at Head Office and Reports to the Chief Executive Officer)
The main output of the department is quality program delivery.
- Design and implement program priority areas in line with the UWESO Strategic Plan and Mandate.
- Plan and budget for programs in line with the Strategic and Business plans
- Monitor and evaluate UWESO Programs in line with the knowledge management policy framework and donor requirements.
- Build and maintain relations with stakeholders in line with the stakeholder management policy and guidelines
- Build capacity of partners and district teams in line with the capacity building policy and guidelines.
- Manage and promote quality program delivery and reporting.
- Review and monitor implementation of program audit recommendations
- Organise and link team members to programme trainings.
- Source for funding opportunities for the programme strategic areas – develop and/or review concept notes and proposals.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters Degree in Humanities/ any other related technical field, with3 to 5 years of hands on experience in program management.
- Experience in networking and coordination, planning and implementing campaigns and events that drive influence and stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrable leadership within a networked environment
- Superior communication and writing skills with the ability to translate complex issues into a level appropriate for the general population and policy makers.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent representation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse cultures, ability to lead and motivate people to work in teams
- Partnership building and management
- Ability to work with children and facilitating child participation is desired.
- Experience in developing large proposals for donors and developing funding strategies.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill in the application form: https://forms.office.com/r/dVHfpHfNx7
- Send your cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. as one attachment of at most 10 MB in PDF Format.
- Email Subject header should contain the job title and names in that order.
- Deadline: 23rd March 2023